Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire: A Souvenir To Myself

About a year ago I started posting Azerbaijani rap tracks on this blog.  I wanted to familiarize myself with Azerbaijani rap and I figured the best way to do that would be to post a track a week.  However, after almost 40 posts, I've run out of steam on this.  I still like many Azerbaijani artists but, just like in the US, most of what's released isn't that great and I found I was no longer proactively hunting down Azeri rappers.

What I'm trying to say is; this is the last regular post of Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire.  But its a doozy.  Below is a 75 minute set of the best and brightest in Azerbaijani rap.  I figured this would be a fitting final flourish for this project, and it will probably end up being one of my favorite souvenirs from my time in Peace Corps.

I really hope you enjoy listening to this.  I certainly enjoyed making it, and listening, researching, and writing about these rappers for the past year.  Listen to it below, download it HERE.



Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire Compilation Mix

1) H.O.S.T. - H.O.S.T.
2) Qaraqan - Qaraqan Qayitdi
3) A-Team - Mene Money
4) Xan ft. Kavkaz Clan - Imza
5) PRoMete - Sus
6) Capo ft. Baku Beat - Milk and Coffee
7) AiD ft. Ayka - Hisslǝr Danişanda
8) A-Team - Arzularimi Qirma
9) Uran - Maşin Yolu
10) Baku Beat - Ara Gunlǝr
11) Qurd - Rǝqs Edir Hǝr Kǝs
12) H.O.S.T. - Mǝni Qaytar
13) Uran - Saray Şarilǝri
14) Uran ft. Ramil - Zonda
15) Qaraqan - Validǝynlǝr
16) Caspian Clan ft. Baku Beat - True or Not True
17) Enemy - 23:44
18) Xan ft. Kavkaz Clan - Yağış Olaram
19) Burito - Vdox
20) Kavkaz Clan - Arzular
21) A-Team - Don't Fall Down



No comments:

Post a Comment