Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Relationship between Aperture, Shutter Speed, and Exposure

I just got a new point-and-shoot camera, the Lumix LX3, and I've been rediscovering my love for photography. I've always had a good eye for composition but never understood all the fancy numbers on my screen. So, at my most recent Personal Project I had an enlightening session regarding the fundamentals of digital photography.

We didn't really focus too much on Aperture (the program) but instead the basics of manual controls for Digital Photography and the relationships between Aperture, Shutter Speed, and Exposure. To help my understanding, over the course of the two hours, I created the following table to help visualize the relationships and, more specifically, how I can use Aperture and Exposure to combat my shaky hand syndrome.



No comments:

Post a Comment