Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So What's Getting Me Through? Part II

So What's Getting Me Through? Part II:

This final stretch of host family is rough. The good news is its March and almost 6 months in Azerbaijan, which is pretty crazy to think about. The bad news is its March and almost 6 months living with a host family. I don't have an apartment yet, but I'm excited to so I can stop holing myself in my room. Here's what's getting me through.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Have you read these as an adult? Each chapter is a deliciously entertaining frantic page-turner racing to understand the case before Holmes himself. Its amazing how the solution is so opaque when reading but so logical upon its unveiling. It is the opposite of bedtime reading and I highly recommend it.

Algoriddem's djay software. This is a very clear djay software laying out two turntables a full function mixer and other desirable features such as effects, cue points, looping, and sampling. You also have access, in program, to your entire iTunes library. This also serves the poor Peace Corps Volunteer well in a culture so focused on gift giving as it will now serve as the basis for all birthday presents given to friends here.

Das Racist - Sit Down Man. Das Racist first started creating waves last year, but I only got into this mixtape earlier this year. They're two dudes, too clever to describe in a paragraph, But they have the most ridiculous lyrics and puns. They cause me to giggle like a school girl on my walks to school.


No comments:

Post a Comment