Friday, September 9, 2011

Where Do I Live?

I know, I know.  I haven't really posted many (any) photos of my actual site while in Azerbaijan.  It sort of feels weird to be walking around your own town with a camera taking pictures of the stuff that everyone, including yourself, sees everyday.  But I also recognize how ridiculous that is, so starting today I'll be posting about 4-5 new photos a week of my digs, going on till whenever.

Xachmaz is nice.  Its a pretty city and its apparent that the Executive Committee (think city council, but with more grifting) truly does invest in their city.  In the coming weeks you'll see some really cool and weird things Xachmaz has that is unlike other cities in Azerbaijan.  Thus, volunteers will refer to it as the Las Vegas of Azerbaijan-a little bit larger than life (...of the country you happen to be in).  The photos will represent it well, but keep in mind that it also has those parts that don't photograph so well and therefore haven't been.

Anyway check out the initial set here.  I'll keep you updated as more post.

1 comment: