Sunday, October 2, 2011

Two Strategies to Always Come Out Victorious


There are two things I've always found comfort in, and they work in tandem with one another.  One is my confidence in my own capacity, whether its school, work, or, as it is, starting life in a new country.  No matter how difficult the class or job or adjustment I'm experiencing, I know I'm not going to simply fail.  I'll admit, there's a bit of hubris here, but I've never thought I couldn't do at least a C- job on something.  I may have no clue or even know what I'm doing, but I'm pretty sure I can eventually work it out.

The second thing is that the days keep moving, whether I like it or not.  Its a bit fatalist, but when I'm stressed its comforting to know that whatever thing it is I'm so dreading will eventually pass, whether I want it to or not.  And when combined with the above mentality it means that not only will I eventually find myself on the days after the stressor, but I'll also probably also have successfully navigated my way through it.

Self-confidence and knowledge that tomorrow comes, whether you like it or not.  Two really useful perspectives to view difficult times through.

No comments:

Post a Comment