Sunday, July 22, 2012

How To Make Time Speed Up


One of the benefits to keeping a stable schedule, even when on vacation, is that when the weekend actually comes you can still appreciate it as the weekend.  And it was this realization I had on Friday, as my room heated up for its afternoon hot box, when I realized it was almost Saturday.

Now alone, this knowledge means nothing.  The fact that the weekend is here is a relative fact-it only matters if there is something you are working towards.  That may just be two days off or putting yourself 5 days closer to something. Personally, I tend towards the latter, but more than that, the realization of it soon being Saturday emphasized how fast these weeks will fly by.

Here's another example: Kelly and I are trying to figure out dates for our remaining teacher training sessions in three more cities.  As we looked at our schedule, we realized there really wasn't much room for choosing which weekend worked better or which was more convenient.  There are three weekends that worked for both of us.  Thats it.  There is something happening on every other weekend once late August hits.

For me, this is a sign that I've settled into a nice pace of life in country-I've gotten involved and I'm doing a lot.  Certainly a good feeling to have in my last few months of Peace Corps service, leave giving a hundred percent, right?.  But its also a good way to keep the days speeding by.  When you stay involved and active, its easier to forget that days are passing by.  And those days turn to weeks and weeks to months, and before I know it I'm on a plane counting hours.

So here's to staying active, and seeing you all before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment