Sunday, January 2, 2011

And for those who want to know...my birthday!

I celebrated my birthday in Azerbaijan this past week. Though away from family and old friends it was really nice. It started when I headed to Şabran in the morning, about 30 minutes south of Xachmaz. I met up with Sanyo and JM and we made outstanding pizza. This pizza was exceptional by American standards. While Sanyo was preparing the dough I cooked bacon brought down from Xachmaz. Then we roasted the garlic cloves and onions in the bacon grease, shredded the cheese, and chopped the peppers and tomatoes. At this point all my stored Pizza Hut experience came into play. The secret to a great pizza is topping moderation, just because you cut three peppers doesn't mean you should use three peppers. If you put too many toppings on your pizza it won't cook well.

After eating one of the best pizzas ever, I headed back to Xachmaz and purchased a wireless router for my house-happy birthday to me! I was so excited to get home to get it working. Two hours later the excitement had evaporated and it was still not working. I trust we'll be able to figure it out, but as of now I am still lacking in my wireless internet-annoying. Luckily, at this point, some friends came over and we had dolmas and delicious double chocolate birthday cake. Afterwards we played monopoly which I haven't played in possibly 20 years. It was really fun and good to see a different, cutthroat, side to people.

So basically, for my 28th birthday I basically had the birthday of a 9 year old-it was great. Thank you everyone for your b-day wishes!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like an awesome birthday in the 'baijan, sorry i couldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete