Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Hip Hop for a Snowy Day-2k11

One of my favorite times in winter is at night, during a silent snow fall, and every sound is muted. Its as if God has turned the volume down on the Earth. There is a sort of warmth in this silence and it lulls you. This is the feeling I go for in Some Hip Hop for a Snowy Day.

Some Hip Hop for a Snowy Day may be one of my favorite mixes to make. I usually keep it shorter in time with a tempo that encourages one to get warm with some hot chocolate and be glad you're indoors. Though hip hop is the main genre represented, I try and push what could be considered, or incorporated within a hip hop mix.

So, without further ado, here it is the 4th Annual 'Some Hip Hop for a Snowy Day'

Listen to it here (it takes a bit to load)
Download it here: files.me.com/joshehr/ij96l6.mov

1) Flying Lotus - Galaxy in Janaki
2) Big Boi ft/Jamie Foxx - Hustle Blood
3) Kanye West ft/Rick Ross - Devil in a New Dress
4) The Jesus and Mary Chain - Just Like Honey
5) Nas - Memory Lane (Sittin' in Da Park)
6) James Blake - CMYK
7) Four Tet - Sing
8) Drake - Over
9) Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment