Saturday, February 5, 2011

And so, life goes on...

While mentally preparing to leave the country for 2+ years, I knew I would miss some major happenings back stateside. 2 years is a long time, and a long enough time to expect major developments in friend and family lives beyond the general growth that accompanies our day-to-day lives.

I just recently received an email from a good friend with awesome news; she got engaged. I had already faced the facts that, unfortunately for me, I would probably be missing some weddings while in the Peace Corps. Most of my friends are in their late 20s and are smart, funny and handsome/beautiful and I somewhat expect them to be scooped up. I was prepared for the fact that this would happen.

What gave me pause over this email was the sudden though of what life would be like when I get back, in 2+ years. The prospect of missing a few friends' weddings is sad, but whats dizzying is to think of coming back to the states, after a couple years, and figuring out how to interact with some of my closest friends who are now married. There's no preparation for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment