Monday, November 21, 2011

Hip-Hop in the Land of Fire: Klan-A-Plan - AzRap.Az (OST)

Finding Azerbaijani hip-hop in the rayons can be difficult sometimes.  There are far more Turkish pop fans than Azeri hip-hop heads and my language really isn't fluent enough for me to casually discover new music in the same way I can in America (listening to the radio, reading websites, etc).  Hell, I haven't even been able to find any websites with this type of information.

Or at least I couldn't, until a recent trip to Baku.  Catching dinner at a shwarma restaurant I noticed a poster outside branded 'Rapvision,' advertising what looked likea free concert the upcoming weekend (which I couldn't make-curses).  But on the bottom of the poster were various sponsors including a bunch of different websites.  So, just as I was beginning to run out of varied material, a half a dozen websites materialize out of nowhere.

So to celebrate this recent discovery I give to you Klan-A-Plan's posse cut in homage to AzRap.Az.  Sort of weird source of inspiration, but we all have to get it from somewhere right?

Klan-A-Plan - AzRap.Az (OST)

 Klan-A-Plan - AzRap.Az (OST) by joshehr

No comments:

Post a Comment