Saturday, November 26, 2011

Landlady Update: Part 4.1

As sure as winter coming after fall, the Landlady will come back to my apartment.  This time was a bit unusual as it was on a Saturday and I was rushing off to a meeting at school that went about an hour too long.  But I was glad she came as I was able to quickly tell her two things about the room she had recently locked: 1) even if I have friends over, we never go in that room, like she originally said and 2) I have stuff in that room that I need.  I then said I could get it next time because I had to go now.

Well, as is becoming the case whenever I open my mouth about anything with my Landlady, I arrive home to find she's taken matters into her own hands.  The question is to discover what matters, as they don't always correlate to what I've said.  Coming back home I found my hallway hutch, which contains all my school supplies, toiletries, med kit, and most importantly my wireless router, had been evacuated from the hall.

Now I might not know my Landlady's motives, but I certainly know her style (abrupt), and using my keen deductive reasoning I concluded she had something to do with this.  Turns out she decided it was time that that hutch was moved into my room, which required one more couch move(!!) and a rewiring of the phone and power cable to ensure the internet still worked which, miraculously, it did.  I don't know if this was simply hutch-moving season in Azerbaijan or if this was unfinished business from the last great move but I choose to file it under the latter.  And to do nothing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment