Thursday, December 8, 2011

What Does Azerbaijani Sound Like?

Somehow in the past year I've learned the Azerbaijani language.  I'm certainly not grammatically perfect, but I can basically express almost every thought I might have and can understand people about 80% of the time.  Honestly, I have no clue how this happened, but it gives me hope for my upcoming goal of learning Turkish.

Many people have asked me what spoken Azerbaijani sounds like.  I post a lot of rap tracks on this blog but as of yet there hasn't really been a post that highlights what Azerbaijani spoken language is like. So, below is a track of myself and a few friends (1 American, 2 Azeris) having a conversation in Azerbaijani. To give you an anchor point, its about music.

 Snippet of an Azerbaijani Conversation by joshehr


1 comment:

  1. This is excellent - thanks, Josh. Actually gives me a sound for something I'm putting into a book!

    ReplyDelete