Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire Blast From the Past: A-Team - Arzularimi Qirma


Recently I was talking about the idea of musical memory, and the difference between a casual listener and a critic's musical memory.  I'm always impressed by the ability for the critic to make comparisons and identify influences and comparisons amongst other artists.  Its a skill that I wish I had, but alas, I'll never reach the lofty height of Matthew Perpetua.

So I thought about this question a lot when trying to identify where the melody line comes from on this track.  I'm convinced they're using a track I know well; it reminds me of 'Play' era Moby or a stripped down Four Tet, two very favorable comparisons.

Then, after finishing my first draft of this post, I finally realize where it comes from, it comes from the fact that I have already posted this track on Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire.  Talk about a lack of musical memory.  But I'm without internet at my house right now, and I basically have just one chance to write a post, so for the first time ever, we're doing: Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire Blast From The Past.  This is off A-Team's great album Repǝnt.

A-Team - Arzularimi Qirma (which means: Don't Break My Dreams)



Previous Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire: Uran

1 comment: