Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hip-Hop From The Land Of Fire: Elshad Xose ft. MC Murad - Eşq-Qǝrǝz

Elshad is a big name in Azerbaijani Rap, he's credited with being the most commercially successful rapper, and continued his rap-tastic lifestyle by going to jail on chargers of drug possession.  I don't know if he still holds this title, I certainly see far more H.O.S.T. worship than Elshad Xose, but he's still respected.

My attitude towards him so far has been a bit ambivalent.  From what I hear he's okay, but nothing has blown me away.  Months ago I posted Gencelik, a nice summer jam, but it was too close to The Fresh Prince for me to truly take him seriously.

Eşq-Qǝrǝz however hovers closer to Missy Elliot and Timbaland when they were just getting into their Indian beats.  Elshad creates a strong character in this track, it really seems as if he's a completely different person.  He's seductive and smokey here; far more enticing and dangerous than what I've heard before, and simply from his vocal performance.  I like it.

Check it out below.  Props to RapRock.Az for the post.

Elshad Xose ft. MC Murad - Eşq-Qǝrǝz (which means Love-In Short (as in, a long story made short))



Check out more Hip-Hop In The Land Of Fire HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment