Thursday, November 15, 2012

What Next?

A lot of you have been asking me what my next steps in life will be.  That's a pretty substantial question and I don't know if I really have a very substantial answer, at least not yet.

I'm looking forward to a bit of rest and relaxation in the coming months.  I arrive home the evening of Friday, November 16th and I'll be staying with my family throughout the holidays.  In early December I'll be visiting Denver and in January I will (most likely) be visiting other family and friends.  Come February(ish), I'll travel to South East Asia for a little beach recovery after Peace Corps.

One of the most common questions asked to me in these ending weeks by Azerbaijanis is what work I'll do in America.  Here's the answer: I don't know.  I will start networking and putting feelers out pretty quickly upon getting back.  I'm excited to begin working again (for money) and I'd like to get back into tech or training and further develop my app business.  A main goal of 2013 will be to get my Yoga Teacher Training and I would eventually like to be earning income from teaching yoga.

At this point, its hard to say exactly where I'll be living once I actually put my name on a lease.  Obviously, work will have a more-than-slight impact on this decision, but currently my eyes are directed towards Portland.  Just to make sure that previous sentence isn't misinterpreted, I'm not saying I am moving to Portland, but I'm certainly looking into it.

One of my very first projects in the US will be to get a phone and I'll make sure to send out all my updated contact information.  Thanks so much for all your thoughts and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment